In this article We are going to teach you How you can Check Internet Speed in Centos7 In addition to price, internet speed is one of the main criteria for deciding where to buy online services. The Internet speed is measured by measuring data per connection (loading speed) or loading (loading speed) per second. This is what we use for shared activities like playing TV, downloading music, and browsing social media. Upload speed comes with things like video conferencing and loading large files on a virtual or cloud server.
What Is The Fast Loading Internet Speed?
An upload speed of 10 Mbps or higher is usually considered a fast internet speed for loading because it can easily perform the usual loading activities of the average user. For example, Skype recommends a load speed of 1.2 Mbps or higher for HD video calling. Loading a large file, such as a 700 MB file with a 10 Mbps connection, takes less than 10 minutes.
Net speed test gives you a good idea of whether you have a good net speed or not. For best results, perform a speed test with a wired connection. If your speed is less than 25 Mbps, You may have a slow internet speed that can not continue all your online activities.
Steps To Test Internet Speed In Linux CentOS
- First, log in to your Linux VPS (via Putty software).
- Then enter the following command to install Python.
- yum install -y python
- After installing python, enter the following command to download SpeedTest-Cli on your server.
- wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py
- Note: If wget is not installed on your server, you can install it with this command.
- yum install wget
- After downloading the SpeedTest tool, enter the following command to give it executable access.
- chmod +x speedtest-cli
- After completing the above steps, enter the following command to start the speed test.
- After entering the above command, the SpeedTest tool will start communicating with the server and the output will be similar to the following.
- Testing download speed…………………………………. Download: 836.18 Mbit/s Testing upload speed…………………………………… Upload: 864.97 Mbit
By Using the Speedtest tool, you can test your internet speed on CentOS 7. To Follow this method, first, we installed Python, wget, and Speedtest tools.