In this article, We are going to teach you How to Access or connect Linux Server from Windows Remotely. For now, I’m using Linux Server Centos7. Security always plays a major role on the Internet: This is why the SSH security procedure is firmly anchored in the TCP / IP protocol stack. The SSH protocol enables users to establish a secure connection between two computers. The network protocol has been in use since 1995 and has been revised several times since then. We explain the most important terms for the SSH protocol and explain how encryption works.
So we need a target for us its Linux would be our target Server and a source server, it would be Windows Server or a Windows Installed PC. Linux server must have a running SSH server, By default, SSH Command is available in Linux Server. One more thing is that it should allow port 22 in the firewall otherwise it will block us to take remote Connection.
Steps to Access Linux Server from Windows Remotely
- Linux Server
- Windows Server Or Pc
- SSH Software for Windows – Putty (Recommended)
Download Putty –
- Click on this official Link from Putty – Putty Official Download Page
- Download the Installer Package 32-bit or 64-bit version based on your Windows PC for Access linux server.
Lets Install Putty on windows –
- Now Open your Download folder
- Now double click and run the software for installation.
- Click Next, Now Choose Your Desired Installation directory.
- After that click the install button.
- The installation will finish quickly. At the final screen, untick “View README file” and click “Finish”.
Time to Access Linux Server –
- Now Open your installed Putty software from your Programs or Desktop Shortcut.
- Enter the IP Address of your target Linux server you wish to connect from windows machine over the network.
- Make sure port number “22” and connection type “SSH” are specified in the box.
- Now click “Open”.
- If everything is ok, you will be asked to enter the correct username and password.
- Now type your credential details and start accessing your Linux server remotely from the windows server.